Guidance Notes for Applicants
Candidates interested in applying for PhD research
must complete the appropriate
University application form and submit it to the University's Research Office.
Please ensure that you complete the form in full and that you provide all the
necessary supporting documentation.
- The application form can be downloaded from
- Ensure that you complete the form
- You must select a project
from the advertised list, otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Details of qualifications must be provided -
examination transcripts must
also be submitted with the application.
- English language proficiency
must be given (where English is not your first language).
Additional supporting material can also be submitted with the application.
For example, research experience you may have, details of any publications, or
any other information which you consider relevant to PhD research.
- Further information for prospective students can be found
Your application may
not be considered if all the necessary documentation is not submitted or is